Ho Chi Minh City
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
- Manage and oversee an annual internal auditing plan and submit quarterly reports directly to the Board of Audit Committee and the Group COO;
- Perform audit periodical financial statement;
- Evaluate internal controls and processes for effectiveness and efficiency, and make appropriate recommendations in alignment with the Board of Audit Committee’s vision;
- Design and revise detailed audit procedures, audit policies and internal control questionnaires;
- Review the accounting system, property management system and all other systems of internal control of VinaCapital, monitor their operation, periodically compare them with systems used in similar institutions, and recommend improvements;
- Examine the financial and operating records, including the means to identity, measure, classify, and report financial and operating information;
- Perform or assist in the performance in accordance with industry best practices and professional standards;
- Perform survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine and document the nature of operations; identify key controls and evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls to achieve established objectives;
- Perform planning procedures, prepare workpapers, and draft reports to support recommendations within the appropriate timeframe;
- Interact with relevant departments to map main risks, define the audit scope and elaborate work programs with the audit tests to be performed;
- Walkthroughs and conduct risk assessment of the process subject to the audit in the established/required timeline using audit procedures necessary to meet audit objectives and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations;
- Lead and conduct meetings with key stakeholders to provide status updates, conduct root cause analysis for any exceptions. Report to the Board of Audit Committee and the Group COO regarding any key non-compliance issues, barriers and obstacles that may be hindering progress or meeting the project deadline;
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, integrity, compliance and goal achievement;
- Maintain open and productive communication with management and the Board of Audit Committee;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, business, audit or a related field
- More than ten years audit related experience
- At least five years’ experience in the asset management sector
- Must have CFA level II or above / CIIA, ACCA/CPA, etc.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention to client needs to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with ExCom, Audit Committee, management, employees, and outside contacts
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic (takes ownership), self-motivated and quick-study mentality; able to multi-task and manage own workload with limited supervision.
- The role is open to candidates living abroad and considering relocating to HCMC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com