Ho Chi Minh City
Project Development Director
- Coordinate with the Head of Development to formulate strategic and operational plans for each major project
- Utilize in-house and outsourced resources to develop conceptual design master plans for large urban development sites as well as smaller inner-city sites
- Initiate and evaluate new development opportunities. Together with subordinate development staff, evaluate potential sites to determine feasibility for affordable construction development use, and coordinate the negotiation of the purchase agreements, perform economic feasibility analysis for each project under consideration.
- Develop a timeline for the completion of a certain milestone for a given project
- Collaborate with project managers to identify where management and technical reinforcement is needed
- Track different elements of the project plan and make adjustment where needed to stay on track
- Recommend changes to a project that is ongoing if it appears not proceeding on schedule or is producing unsatisfactory results
- Contract with outside agencies for support on a needed basis
- Manage resources and oversee finances to ensure that the project progress is on time and budget. Monitor and report on programmatic and financial milestones
- Meet with and report directly to the Head of Development on a regular basis.
- Make presentations to investors, business partners and company executives concerning different phases of a project
- Prepare progress reports according to a project schedule and internal requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction of buildings, residentials, resorts, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
- In-depth knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical machines and tools, including their designs, users, repair, maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- In-depth knowledge of business and management principles, involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Knowledge of Auto CAD and other software
- Minimum Job requirements: Professional Degree (i.e. Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Planning and or Law)
- Minimum ten years of experience in construction, civil engineering design and/or real estate development, especially in hospitality development.
- Experienced as the principle point of contact for clients and committees on multiple construction projects.
- Sound judgment and decision making: considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Management of personnel resources: motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Negotiation: bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Coordination: adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
- Instructing: teaching others how to do something
- Active listening: giving full attention to what other people is saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Mathematics: using mathematics to solve problems
- Writing: communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Speaking: communicating verbally in an articulate and effective manner
- Frequent travel on short notice will be required at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org