Founded in 2003, VinaCapital is one of Vietnam’s leading investment management and real estate development firms, with a diversified portfolio of USD1.8 billion in assets under management. Our mission is to produce superior returns for investors by using our extensive knowledge, networks, and creativity to identify and capitalise on the many opportunities emerging in Vietnam.
Led by senior executives with extensive experience in international finance and investment management, VinaCapital’s industry-leading professionals cover the full range of traditional and alternative asset classes including listed equity, private equity, venture capital, fixed income, and real estate.
VinaCapital manages three closed-end funds listed on the London Stock Exchange:
- VinaCapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund Limited (VOF), which trades on the Main Market, is a diversified fund that invests in several asset classes including public and private equities.
- VinaLand Limited (VNL), which trades on AIM, is a real estate fund that makes direct investments in the residential, retail, hospitality and office sectors.
- Vietnam Infrastructure Limited (VNI), which trades on AIM, was established to invest in a range of infrastructure assets.
Other funds include:
- Forum One – VCG Partners Vietnam Fund (VVF), a UCITS-compliant, long-term, open-ended fund, with an active, bottom-up approach to listed equity investment.
- DFJ VinaCapital L.P. (DFJV), our venture capital fund in partnership with noted US firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson, is focused on early stage investments in technology, new media and fintech.
- VinaWealth Equity Opportunity Fund (VEOF), a domestic fund that maximises returns through both capital appreciation and dividend yield from investments in various listed equities in Vietnam.
- VinaWealth Enhanced Fixed Income Fund (VFF), which invests in fixed income securities such as government bonds, corporate bonds, and term deposits.
VinaCapital strives to provide the highest quality investment products, strategic financing and real estate development services across all major industries in Vietnam.
Our corporate identity is best summarised by the following two slogans:
“Taking Vietnam to the world”
VinaCapital is a leading commercial ambassador for Vietnam, promoting trade and investment in Vietnam with partners around the world. We work to ensure existing and potential investors are aware of and accurately understand the nature of Vietnam’s investment opportunities.
“A Catalyst for growth”
VinaCapital is a catalyst supporting Vietnam’s economic development. We help introduce new ideas, approaches, products and technologies into Vietnam while providing the leadership and management support necessary to ensure international standards are successfully merged with the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit that are the hallmark of Vietnam’s business culture.
VinaCapital is committed to following the highest global corporate governance standards in all areas of its business, including policies, procedures and guidelines for ethics, operations, financial control, reporting and risk management. We strive to apply these practices not only in our own company, but at companies in which we invest.
Our listed funds, which have their own investment mandates, require well-defined controls and board oversight to ensure that fiduciary duties to shareholders and investors are conscientiously fulfilled. We have established policies and procedures to handle potential conflicts of interest and other ethical issues in a fair and transparent manner. We follow the regulations of the stock exchanges on which our funds trade as well as those of the United Kingdom, among others.
Managing risk is a critical element of the company’s overall business strategy and has been a key contributor to its success. We have dedicated experts performing strategic economic and political analysis and forecasting, which forms the basis for investment and operating strategies across the company. Risk is managed at the investment, portfolio and group levels through enterprise-wide risk management processes.
We believe having comprehensive corporate governance policies in place is vital to ensure client, stakeholder, and market trust in the VinaCapital name.
Being an active and responsible corporate citizen has long been a priority for VinaCapital. We are committed to making a positive impact not only for our stakeholders but in the broader community in which we live and work.
The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF) was established as a way to play a leading role in fostering philanthropy and promoting social responsibility across Vietnam, among individuals, NGOs, provincial and municipal governments and other corporations. Its mission: to help alleviate poverty and raise the status of the poor in Vietnam through medical and higher education programs. Since its founding in 2006, VCF has raised millions of dollars for a range of initiatives, which have provided life-saving heart surgeries for hundreds of children, furthered the educations of several dozen girls from minority hill tribe communities and provided critical equipment and training to hospitals, clinics and healthcare professionals across Vietnam.
VCF is a US-registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, tax deductible organization licensed as an international NGO in Vietnam. VinaCapital pays for all VCF overhead costs – 100% of all donations go directly to program work.